History

                                                              Our History

Our cemetery spans three centuries.

Originally part of the 1836 land grant to Clemente Tejada, Martinez Cemetery as known by German settlers performed its first family burial in 1872. What began as a two acre cemetery has grown to encompass 90 acres, a funeral home, four state of the art cremators, and the Tribute Center, a place for families to gather after services. A pet companion cemetery is in the works. The Ackermann and Gembler families along with the Kiefer family dedicated Martinez Cemetery as the Hermann Sons Woodman Cemetery in 1915. Cy Weller bought the cemetery and adjacent acreage and renamed it Meadowlawn Memorial Park. Cy Weller's son in law Craig Cates took over operation in 1981, He and Mary still maintain ownership and are involved in the day to day operations.

 

 

 
 

OK

Loading...